I’ll admit this one had me stumped. I’m going to blame it on being tired…
A few word brain teasers (highlight the area beneath the question for the answer):
- Name a word that has twenty-six letters.
- What’s the word that you can pronounce faster by adding a syllable?
- Where is it that Friday comes before Thursday each week?
In the Dictionary
- What is it you break by naming it?
- What is the one word that almost everybody pronounces wrong?
(from Humor Creativity)
Here’s a simple riddle from Braingle.com to get you thinking. Do you know what it is?
You will know that I am coming
From the jingle of my bell,
But exactly who I am is not an easy thing to tell.
Children, they adore me
for they find me jolly,
but I do not see them when the halls are decked with holly.
My job often leaves me frozen,
I am a man that all should know,
But I do not do business in times of sleet or ice or snow.
I travel much on business,
But no reindeer haul me around,
I do all my traveling firmly on the ground.
I love the time of Christmas,
But that’s not my vocational season,
And I assure that is because of a sound economic reason.