A simple way to educate children on the timeline of dinosaurs and the ice age.
Impressive display of guitar talent but also a cool listen to the history of rock and roll.
An impressive way to present world statistics.
One of the best games of all time turned into a movie.
It’s always interesting to see where names come from:
- ABBA: ABBA is an acronym of the first names of the band members, Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid.
- Evanescence: “We looked in the dictionary for it. You know, we wanted a word out of nowhere, you know, like we were because we never did play a lot of live shows it’s all about writing and recording in our house and everything.”
- OK GO: Damian Kulash and Tim Nordwind had an art teacher who would always say, “Okay, go.” For years this phrase was an inside joke. At one point they used the name for a fake grunge band. When they finally created a real band, they felt there was no other choice but to call it ‘OK Go.’
- Spice Girls: From a song that was written for them titled “Sugar and Spice”.
- Village People: All of the group members had been recruited from Greenwich Village, their manager, Jacques Morali, decided to call them “Village People”
“History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.” – Winston Churchill
An interesting look at the past 200 years:
“All my best thoughts were stolen by the ancients.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pop music plus a history lesson: